CAIA is regularly involved with negotiations at the National Economic Development and Labour Council (NEDLAC) regarding international trade agreements.
These negotiations surround preferential tariff agreements or free trade agreements, as well as the Rules of Origin which confer originating status to a country and therefore the applicable negotiated tariff.
These trade agreements can be bilateral or multilateral between countries, or even multilateral between Regional Economic Communities such as the Tripartite Free Trade Agreement currently being negotiated between SADC-COMESA-EAC.FOCUS GROUPS
NEDLAC TRADE AND INDUSTRY CHAMBER STRATEGIC SESSION 2016
- BUSA presentation on economy and 9 point plan for TIC strategic session
- Final presentation to Nedlac TIC strategic session – the dti’s presentation
- Nedlac TIC – steel, ctfl procurement
- Status report on Trade negotiations - Minister’s presentation
- Technical infrastructure – the dti presentation
- Technical Regulatory Infrastructure – BUSA presentation